Friday, December 19, 2008

Quick Note

I wanted to do an introduction that I could point to, so it was pretty generic. Here is a bit more of the deal.

I likely won't post as often here as on AiN or D&N. What I have in the work will hopefully be a bit more substantial to make up for the spareness of posts.

First, several posts about aspects of The 120 Days of Sodom. A despicable, but compelling book. It is a terrible place for new Sade readers to start, but is fundamental to understanding him.

Second, a review (or several reviews) of Pier Paulo Pasolini's Salò, which is based on Sodom. I had planned on this for one of the other blogs, but the bootleg DVD I had would not play on my laptop. I just god the Criterion re-release, so there should be no problems.

Other than that, we see how things go. I have not flagged this blog as being adult, but may eventually change that. I'll definitely touch on Sade a lot and likely Catherine Millet. Maybe Sacher-Masoch?

1 comment:

  1. I'll definitely have to make sure I check out this one. Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete